I'm a software developer and self-published author. I mostly write code and teach about code using the Ruby language. I've been known to attend the occasional conference.
Latest From the Blog
- Nobody understands the GIL - Part 2: Implementation
- Nobody understands the GIL
- New release of Working With Ruby Threads!
- Self publishing AND traditional publishing?
- Is lock-free logging safe?
Other Appearances Around the Web
- I spoke at Rubyconf 2012 about Growing your Unix beard with Ruby.
- I was a guest on the Ruby Rogues podcast to discuss my book as part of their book club.
- Shopify's path to Rails 3
- Why developers should be force-fed state machines Co-op with @wvanbergen
- Session hijacking protection
- StatsD at Shopify
- Most Memory Leaks are Good
- A Closer Look At the Blueprint CSS Framework A Guest Post on Nettuts+