I'm a software developer and self-published author. I mostly write code and teach about code using the Ruby language. I've been known to attend the occasional conference.
Latest From the Blog
- Brian Shirai on Rubinius 2.0, the GIL, and thread-safe Ruby code
- My ebook Publishing Process
- Threads, Not Just for Optimizations
- Naivety Helped Me Learn Rails
- Grow Your Unix Beard Using Ruby
Other Appearances Around the Web
- I spoke at Rubyconf 2012 about Growing your Unix beard with Ruby.
- I was a guest on the Ruby Rogues podcast to discuss my book as part of their book club.
- Shopify's path to Rails 3
- Why developers should be force-fed state machines Co-op with @wvanbergen
- Session hijacking protection
- StatsD at Shopify
- Most Memory Leaks are Good
- A Closer Look At the Blueprint CSS Framework A Guest Post on Nettuts+